Table of Contents
- 1 Dynamics 365 Business Central for Manufacturing is the Choicest Manufacturing Module as it offers
- 2 Manufacturing Functionality in Dynamics 365 Business Central
- 3 Business Central Manufacturing Module offerings
- 4 Case Study: How NavisionIndia assisted in streamlining Manufacturing with Microsoft Business Central's Manufacturing Module?
Modern-day manufacturers are leveraging Business Central Manufacturing for its inventive capabilities and rich manufacturing functionality. For the most part, these capabilities help manage operations through the entire production, inventory management and control, vendor management, and sales cycles.
Dynamics 365 Business Central for Manufacturing is the Choicest Manufacturing Module as it offers
Manufacturing Functionality in Dynamics 365 Business Central
One of the key attractions of Dynamics 365 Business Central for manufacturing is its all-in-one approach. Interestingly, this feature allows thriving manufacturers or production businesses to seamlessly integrate their manufacturing module with other business processes, including inventory, customer service, accounting, and marketing.
Additionally, the Business Central manufacturing module offers managers access to the latest production data, lets them analyze their business’s status, and navigates the growth path of their business accordingly.
Although Business Central is orchestrated for small and medium businesses, it connects the data from the various business areas and stores it in a single, secure, and unified database. In other words, manufacturers always have access to everything about the quotes, routes, and orders.
The Best part of Business Central Manufacturing is the flexibility , It can be implemented simply and if required can be expanded later on
Business Central Manufacturing Module offerings
Businesses in the production or manufacturing industry can create and manage production orders with a simple interface. Also, it offers one-click access to all the order details. For the most part, Business Central for Production Order allows the production team to set up various types of production orders and check the requirements for that order without any hassle.
Versioning of production orders can also be managed, comparison of versions is also available in Business Central
Manufacturing a product without the right raw material is an all-in-vain process.
You can make the most of Business Central Inventory Management features, a production module that acts as a planning master. It allows you to streamline the inventory planning process, acquire the right material at the right price, and make ambitious targets achievable with ever-changing demand forecasts.
This ERP platform enables manufacturing businesses to easily make a system calendar and add the required parameters and details. Interestingly, users can easily attach several machine centers to a single work center.
Furthermore, with capabilities across Production in Business Central, growth-seeking manufacturers can manage shift capacity, process changes in the capacity, and update the production schedule.
Business Central ERP for manufacturing comprises the agile method to improve efficiency across production, supply chain, and distribution. For the most part, the agile method in Dynamics 365 Business Central is integrated into the tool right out of the box.
Bill of Materials
With Bill of Material capabilities in Business Central, you can calculate standard costs and create bills of materials. Also, the featured production BOM simplifies tracking the input quantities by dimension and quantity.
Supply Chain Planning
Automatic creation of production and purchase orders is no longer a pipe dream with Dynamics 365 Business Central Manufacturing. Besides allowing a production unit to place these orders automatically, it can send action messages to balance supply and demand as well.
Furthermore, the unified platform supports bucketed and bucket-less requirements planning that enables businesses to impress their clientele with unrivaled services.
Although manufacturing is a multi-faceted process, businesses often lose track of things. The ever-evolving client’s demands across changes in solutions, invoices, and materials are only a few of the many aspects that a production company must organize diligently.
By leveraging the different versions of the invoices, bills of materials, routings, and other requirements stored on the Business Central Manufacturing Module, manufacturers can follow them closely and meet changing requirements without any hassle.
Sales and Inventory Forecasting
This intelligent ERP, Business Central Manufacturing, assists in analyzing a business’s historical data to forecast the expected number of sales and stock-outs. Using these insightful forecasts, production units can easily create replenishment requests for their vendors.
Standard Cost Worksheet
Business Central offers a spreadsheet-like interface to assist a production company in controlling the standard cost updates. As the business grows, you can maintain accurate inventory costs and abstain from being baffled like others who put forth automation after struggling with critical challenges.
Business Central Manufacturing enables businesses to specify a list of raw materials, resources, and sellable items, to create an assembly bill of materials. For the most part, these orders help businesses replenish the required items as necessary and ensure high production efficiency.
Challenges: A garment manufacturing and retailing company faced several challenges in its manufacturing processes.
- Cost Control: Managing costs and ensuring profitability while producing high-quality products.
- Timely Procurement: Coordinating the procurement of raw materials and components from multiple suppliers was challenging.
- Inventory management: Limited visibility into inventory.
Solution: Implementation of Microsoft Business Central’s Manufacturing Module with Subcontracting
Key Features Implemented:
- Bill of Materials (BOM): The company created detailed BOMs for their products, specifying the components and subassemblies required for each.
- Work Orders: They used work orders to plan, schedule, and track production. For certain subassemblies, they created subcontracting work orders.
- Routing: – They used routing to track production, Business Central allows Routings can be managed Sequential or Parallel.
- Subcontracting: The Manufacturing module allowed them to set up subcontractors, define services to be outsourced, and manage subcontracting work orders efficiently. We customize the subcontracting process based on our client’s requirement where our client wants to add challan no automatically in the subcontract order. Additionally, we’ve simplified material handling by enabling a one-click operation for sending and receiving materials. This simplification not only saves time but also ensures precision in the material.
- Planning Worksheet:- It enables efficient resource allocation, priority setting, and what-if analysis to streamline production and procurement, ensuring optimal inventory levels and timely order fulfillment.
- Streamlined Production: They streamlined their production processes, ensuring that the right components were available at the right time.
- Cost Control: By outsourcing specific tasks to subcontractors, they controlled costs more effectively, optimizing labor and resource allocation.
- Quality Control: They maintained strict quality standards by specifying quality checks and standards for subcontracted work.
- Timely Deliveries: The system provided real-time visibility into subcontractor progress, allowing them to meet customer delivery deadlines consistently.
- Inventory Optimization: They reduced excess inventory and improved inventory turnover by ordering components and materials just in time.
Conclusion: By implementing Microsoft Business Central’s Manufacturing module with subcontracting capabilities, The Company improved the efficiency of its manufacturing processes, controlled costs, and maintained high-quality standards. The system’s ability to manage subcontracting work orders provided them with flexibility and ensured timely deliveries to customers.
At NavisionIndia, you can get along with our NAV/Business Central Consultants, who are experts at handling everything at once. Businesses often neglect to manage the switchover to Dynamics 365 Business Central, and here our consultants can assist your staff in using the new system without being baffled and causing any halt to the production.
Our Dynamics F&O, NAV/Business Central Consultants spend substantial hours explaining the changes, testing out the modifications before performing complete migration or upgrade, and rendering support even beyond the implementation lifecycle.