With the Dynamics 365 On-premise deployment you will be able to run your business processes and transactions within your on premise IT Infrastructure. You would have the option to turn ON or OFF the cloud synchronization of your business data to Microsoft cloud. However, if you chose to not replicate your business data into the Microsoft cloud, you will not be able to leverage the benefits of Microsoft cloud such as Machine Learning, Telemetry, embedded BI and more. The Dynamics 365 on-premise deployment option is called as Local Business Data option.
Dynamics 365 On-premises deployment option gives complete control of the management and maintenance of your business data in-house:
- Run and maintain your own server
- Handle all upgrades and updates internally
- Avoid having any data store limit
- Subscribe or purchase different types of licenses based on Microsoft Volume Licensing
- Create your own SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) reports
Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations (on-premises) can work on networks that use Internet Protocol Version 4 (IPv4) or Internet Protocol Version 6 (IPv6).
The actual hardware requirements vary, based on the system configuration, the data composition, and the applications and features that you decide to use. Here are some of the factors that can affect the choice of appropriate hardware for Finance and Operations (on-premises):
- The number of transactions per hour
- The number of concurrent users
- Data composition
- Reporting and analytics
- Third-party solutions
Minimum Infrastructure Requirements
The following software must be present on a computer before any Finance and Operations (on-premises) components can be installed:
- The Microsoft .NET Framework version 4.5.1 or later
- Service Fabric
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Datacenter or Standard
- SQL Server 2016
Currently, Finance and Operations (on-premises) doesn’t include the Retail components.