- Configurable workflow engine – The new workflow goes much further into the application suite, offering many new possibilities for automating business processes.
- Integration – Microsoft continues to improve the integration to the web by taking the tablet client, enhancing it, and making it available for web browser and phone clients. Now users will have a consistent experience across tablets, phones, and web browsers.
- Architecture – Taking advantage of the three-tier structure with web services, Dynamics NAV 2016 can also be configured to automatically retrieve foreign exchange rates into the system, which is welcome news for anyone involved in international business.
- Power BI – A Dynamics NAV content pack allows Power BI to provide more powerful business intelligence and dashboard capabilities into Dynamics NAV, without the requirement for an expensive partner add-on product.
- OCR engine – A useful new feature for speeding up the productivity for your staff includes submitting expenses via smartphones by taking photographs of expense slips and submitting them through an OCR engine.
- Others – Add-on products or enhancements can now be added through code extensions, which allow modifications to customer databases in a multi-tenant environment, where customizations would normally not be possible. These extensions can survive upgrades, which offers the potential to greatly simplify the upgrade process in some situations.
- Microsoft continues to push forward the concept of multi-tenant environments, where customers share code but not databases. They believe this is the route to greatly expanding the user base and extensions allow resellers to play to the traditional strength of Dynamics NAV, which is the ability to configure the software to fit unique business requirements.
- User Experience – Finance users will now have access to posting previews, which display the typical Navigation summary page, without a printed document, that users are used to seeing.
- Integration to Dynamics CRM – One of the most important improvements is the native integration to Dynamics CRM where customers can configure the integration to Dynamics CRM directly from the Dynamics NAV toolkit.
You can find below the new features in Dynamics NAV 2016
As you can see there are many new features of Dynamics NAV 2016 that make it a great product to upgrade to, but also to consider if you are currently researching a new ERP system. All in all, we think Dynamics NAV 2016 is an exciting release with promises of much more in the next version, code-named “Madeira“.